Sunday, October 25, 2009

NUS Sports Awards Night


Firstly I'd just like to congratulate the Girls' Swimming Team, the Girls' Aquathlon Team and the Guys' Aquathlon Team for a job well done. Winning those rather coveted titles was by no means no small feat and it seemed, to me in so many ways, a fitting recognition to those who made the team what it is today. However, the NUS aquathlon team will always be a work a progress, no, a master-piece in progress, with generation after generation of bi-athletes adding on to the accomplishments of one of the most successful sporting teams in NUS's history and I eagerly look forward to another year of racing and agony with my ever-so-chirpy team mates. The team has been the highlight of my university life so far and I doubt anything will ever come close to replacing it.



After a rather dull awards ceremony, with the exception of Sandy's remarkable speech towards the end, I headed out with the swimmers for some kick-arse ice-cream (Jeanne and Bryan in my opinion are now the ultimate foodies... first pizza then this...) @ the Daily Scoops before making my way with ZY to Arji's place for the post-awards night dinner. The party was terribly fun and I am really glad I made the trip down. Of course, Arji always saves the best for the last and I must admit that the real party began only after 12.30 am. Thanks Jasper, Cyan, Lincoln, Kevin and Arji for the one of the best early mornings/ late night drinking sessions I have had in the longest time... :) Jasper's other half should also be commended with putting up with our nonsense throughout the night :)




So with that, we end another spectacular year and begin making preparations for a crazy 2009-2010 season to come :)

PS: Wolf Blass... G. Label... blah blah blah... I can't seem to remember the darn name...

No comments: