Sunday, October 17, 2010

Logical Reasoning

I made a decision a long time ago with regards how I was going to handle some of the friendships I have established over the years. There are some which just keep going on because... the friendship itself was an end in its own right and there were those that fizzled out because the friendship took too much out of one party of the other. There are some friendship that seem to flicker about like a candle in the wind but still stay firm at the end of the day and there are those that blossom like a Mexican Petunia, only to die before the next sunrise. A friend once talked to me about the importance of sustaining a friendship, the need to make an effort to groom and nurture that friendship. The friend continued to mention that the lack of enthusiasm on my part was detrimental to the sustenance of that friendship.

I see all human relationships, when stripped to its bare essence, a simple transaction of emotion between two individuals. One must have something the other needs and vice versa for that transaction to go through or that relationship to occur. The lack of enthusiasm perhaps is a result of me realizing my inability to provide you with what you seek and you not being able to do the same :) Simple and good analogy, I would say.


No comments: