Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An Old Friend

I logged in my very first blog entry on the 20th of September 2007, approximately 6 years and 1 month ago. A lot has happened since that first entry, though much of what has happened hasn't been entirely productive. I have good times and bad times, gained weight and lost (sadly not much) weight, fell out with friends and made new ones... indeed quite a bit has happened. I find reading through my old posts strangely therapeutic and altogether depressing. The one thing I keep asking myself is what happened to that 20 year old who wanted to change the world not too long ago? If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say he got distracted by fleeting fantasies of success and smitten by delusions of grandeur to make his own road. Well, it's not like I didn't try... I did, but probably not hard enough. I've decided to mothball my entrepreneurial endeavors for the time being. I am in the midst of tidying up my resume and will strive to secure a regular job by mid-november. There's a lot that needs to be done and a lot I would like to type about; my run-in with URA, my entrepreneurial journey and something a little closer to my heart, the highs and (mostly lows) of my dismal love life. Well baby steps I'd say. I am off to lunch now :) 


Mum, Me and the latest addition to our family... Gus :) 

No comments: