Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Day, New Discoveries

I can't seem to recall where the above phrase came on but I am pretty sure it was introduced to me during those joyous years in RI. I had a terrific day today. I succeeded in finally assembling my "steed" after three whole weeks of procrastination. The bike has been sent in for servicing and I am expecting to get it back sometime this coming week. After dropping the bike off at Passione, I headed to SRC pool where I met up with the rest of my hall-mates for my hall's Inter-Block games Swimming meet. The relays were pretty fun and I must admit I quite enjoyed my time chilling by the poolside. However, Jon did point out something Coach Tay pointed out the night before. It seems that my breast-stroke needs some serious overall... haha... Well... I guess that just means I am up for more pain ahead :)
After the swim, Jon, Nic, Xiuqing and I decided to chug down to Haji Lane to check out WC's new store. After a pit-stop at Holland V for some Provence and Starbucks, we were on our way to Beach Road. Parking, just a thought I kinda figured I should share, was damn bloody difficult and I'd strongly recommend parking in Bugis Junction before walking over or just taking a bus down.
WC's new shop, "the blogshop", is located along Haji Lane. I must admit that the interior decor and the store concept is really impressive. The 4 of us enjoyed ourselves very much just milling over the stuff in the shop and browsing through the flea market along the street too. That... kinda sums up a wondrous afternoon with good friends :)
I drove Dad out for dinner after Micheal's Munich Concert (Which... was on Channel 5. Nothing beats a simple dinner with great company and my dad makes pretty awesome company :)
Tomorrow marks my participation in my inaugural Masters' Swimming competition under my new club... I am pretty excited about that too!! Do forgive me for tonight's rather himbotic post... We'll discuss about the Hungarian President's rather rude intrusion into Romanian cultural sovereignty tomorrow :)

No comments: